Tips to Staying Cool During a Heat Wave
During heat waves, air conditioning systems are designed to cool your home approximately 20 degrees cooler than the outside air. For example, even if your thermostat is set for 70 degrees, on a 95 degree day, your home may not drop below 75 degrees.
To keep your home as cool as possible:
- Keep up with yearly Air Conditioning Maintenance. This will help your unit function effectively and efficiently.
- Make sure your air conditioning filters are clean. Replacing a clogged air filter with a new one can lower the air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent, according to the US Department of Energy.
- If your Air Conditioning is on, make sure to close windows and doors. Also, remember to close shades and blinds where direct sunlight shines through your windows.
- Supplement with fans. Stagnant air feels warmer than the temperature indicates. Just by circulating air with a fan can make you feel like your home is cooler.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room. By leaving unneeded lights on, you are contributing to the warmth in your home.
To Schedule Air Conditioning Maintenance or Repair:
You can reach us at 1-800-677-8776 and select option “1”. If you prefer the internet, please email Info@RussoBrosPlumbing.com
24-Hour Live Operators
we want your feedback
Take our 30 second survey!
Welcome to our blog! We look forward to bringing you relevant updates and tips. Please check back soon!