Signs of an Aging Water Heater!
As a water heater ages, it starts to deteriorate. Watch out for the following signs:
- Running Out of Hot Water: One sign of a water heater aging is running out of hot water quicker. This is a giveaway that the unit is starting to fail.
- Noise: As a water heater ages, sediment builds up on the bottom of the tank. This sediment is heated and reheated, causing hardening over time. When this happens, you’ll start to hear rumbling and banging from your water heater. These sounds indicate that the tank is at the end of its useful life.
- Rusty Water: Discolored, rust-tinted water is a telltale sign that your water heater is rusting away from the inside out and will most likely start to leak in the near future.
- Leaking/Moisture Around the Tank: If you notice water dripping on the bottom of the tank or see any pinhole leaks, the tank is definitely on its last leg.
- Gas Odors: It’s very common for older tanks to emit small amounts of natural gas through loose fittings and joints. If you notice this, call Russo Bros. & Co. right away.
If you are experiencing any of these warning signs, please contact us at
(973) 887-1334 or by email at email@example.com to schedule service or replacement.
24-Hour Live Operators
we want your feedback
Take our 30 second survey!
Welcome to our blog! We look forward to bringing you relevant updates and tips. Please check back soon!